Lettuce!… #sigh. This was me when I was shopping for my green salad ingredients. So today was one of those days where I was eager to have a green salad but was just not up for the lettuce option. I figured, why not kale huh?
I’m not a fan of lettuce and cannot remember the last time I had it. I always find excuses to not include it in my grocery list. I’m the type that removes lettuce even in a burger. I only have it when I do not have an alternative, and this is rare.
I have never done a kale salad before and today was going to be a “kale experimental” day where I hoped it would turn out the way I had imagined and the stomach would handle it.
For my kale salad, I used the following:
Kale (stems removed)
3 Boiled Eggs
And this is how I did it:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Chop the kale, lay it in a baking tray, sprinkle it with salt and dress it with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 minute (this is for the kale to absorb the olive oil)
- Chop carrots and cucumber in thin slices and cut the boiled eggs in half
- In a salad bowl add all the ingredients.
I had my salad with grilled chicken
For my boyfriend’s meal I added mashed potatoes
With all the festivities happening in December, this is a good salad to try out for your guests.